Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Personal Learning Networks

Over the past two days we have been exploring Twitter and various websites that might support our own learning. I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed again about how much is out there. Just trying to find out 'who to follow' on Twitter is a job and a half. And then once you choose someone to follow they post websites that might be useful and then you find yourself checking those out, which inevitably leads me to another site and someone else to follow and more educational opinions to read about. As I said a bit overwhelming.

I find that trying to create my own personal learning network is harder or maybe easier than I expected. Finding relevant education sites and people to follow is easy - there are so many, but finding the time and patience to read through everything is hard, and then taking the time to process it and incorporate it into my own evolving educational beliefs. More and more I am seeing the value of creating a personal learning network, and hopefully I will soon feel brave enough to join the discussions. I have joined Classroom 2.0, and signed up to be apart of 'The Tomatosphere" Project, and think I will join the educators PLN. Collaboration is important, I encourage my students to work together. I need to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment