Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Learning Statement Number 2

In these past two weeks we have been very busy, between learning to be part of an online learning community and learning about new online technology. So my second learning statement comes from the latter. I am learning to use, and evaluate emerging technologies. In the fall I hope to add to that learning statement and take those technologies into my practice, but for now I am learning to use them. This learning statement relates to capacity number 3: use, evaluate, and integrate existing and emerging technologies into your practice.

In terms of evidence on learning about new technology, I have added the links to my delicious account, my own reflections on the technology and I have signed up for some of the new technologies like Audio boxes. I have also explored styks.com an animation tool for creating stick figure animation. We have spend time each day on 'tech tapas', sharing with each other websites and tools that we have found. This has been incredibly useful. Most of the sites or tools my fellow colleagues used in their practice, and are sharing what they have found useful. We have also had the opportunity to evaluate education sites that may be useful especially if we are trying to find a colleague to connect to else where in the world. What a world of knowledge out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment